Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting company. There are different classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a look at them. Thus, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you wish to launch a site, mail aliases, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by certain providers, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely erroneous interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the workload between individual packs of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a large amount of pics with mates or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to managing your e-mails. Some corporations provide hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to possess as many video files as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to have a website. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Lonex, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting package may be better or worse compared with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific content exclusively.